Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ESTABLISHMENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL

ESTABLISHMENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL 1 year 6 months ago #17860

Good day po! I am a public school teacher trying to inquire about the basic know and how of establishing an International School.

My Singaporean friend wants to establish a school which focuses more on the Singaporean Math.

Are there provisions or rules about the foreign ownership of school?

When is this allowed?

And lastly what are the basic rules for establishing an international school?

Are there rules about setting up shareholders most especially they are foreigners?

I myself is curious about this because my father is an OFW at Saudi Arabia way back, he wanted to establish a resto-style establishment at Riyadh but he failed because searching a good Arabian business partner so to make it short he didn't pursue for it.

Thank you very much for answering this query and God bless po.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ESTABLISHMENT OF AN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL 11 months 4 days ago #17925

  • Atty. Libayan
  • Atty. Libayan's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Please contact us for all your legal needs.
  • Posts: 3361
  • Thank you received: 354
  • Karma: 49
Dear Ever,

Yes, there are rules in establishing schools in the Philippines. School ownership by foreign nationals are limited to 40%. The other 60% should be owned by Filipino citizens.

The basic rules in setting up a school aside from incorporation and the nationality requirement is that it should be registered with the DepEd or CHED whichever applies.

Thank you and best regards.
"Excellence is our Standard..."
Please note that answering your queries in the free legal advice forum does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.
Seek services of an independent counsel when dealing with legal issues. Legal issues need scrutiny and attention.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum ::

CONTACT US NOW!

Philippine Lawyers

We go live to answer all your questions

Free Legal Advice Every Wednesdays and Fridays
at 6:00 pm

Facebook Event | YouTube Channel

Season One

Episode 1:  August 31, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 2:  September 7, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 3:  September 13, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 4:  September 21, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Live

Episode 5:  September 28, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 6:  October 5, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Free Legal Advice

IMPORTANT NOTICE

If your predicament is urgent; or, when your case is already pending in court; please do not opt for the free legal advice. It is best to get in touch with a lawyer the soonest possible time. I answer all queries here personally but sometimes it may take time because of my busy schedule. Rest assured all will be answered but the time is indefinite. Thank you for understanding.

Ranny Randolf B. Libayan

OFFICE HOURS

9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM Monday to Friday

We are also open for appointments on weekends

It is best to contact us for an appointment if you decide to visit us so you will be given priority

SERVICES WE OFFER:

Philippine Law Firm

Representation

We will represent you in court, administrative, and other tribunal hearings.

Law Firm in Taguig

Notarization

We provide notarization and drafting of all kinds of legal documents.

Notary Public

Legal Consultation/ Retainer

We provide the best legal advice about anything legal whether it be via retainer or just one time.

Philippines Free Legal Advice

Free Legal Advice Online

We provide free online legal advice just proceed to the forums.