Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SSS Maternity Claim

SSS Maternity Claim 4 years 1 week ago #15978

• Tricia
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Good Day!

I'm Tricia, I'm currently working full-time as a travel counselor I was hired last Dec 1 2014 and was regularized on June1, 2015 during my maternity leave because I gave birth last May 29, 2015.

I just want to seek counsel about my case on claiming my maternity benefit from SSS, and since I'm employed everything should be processed by my employer as stated by the SSS rules.

So I passed my MAT1 form and the original copy of my ultrasound report to the HR officer here in our office last febuary, the HR then told me that I'm qualified for the benefit since the SSS qualifications stated this "
She has paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or miscarriage.

I only have 5 monthly contributions since dec 2014 up to April 2015 because my expected date of delivery is May. She said I'm qualified because I only need 3monthly contributions.

Then after I gave birth, I visited my office last june 24, and passed all my MAT2 form together with all the requirements needed because I had a caesarian section delivery. And ask for my sss check status, because what I've read about the SSS website is that the employer should advance in full amount within 30 days after the date of my leave. But the HR in our office said that she will follow up everything in the main HR office coz they havent answered about it daw.

So I waited, then I heard na nag resigned na daw yung HR officer sa office ko, thats why I contacted the Main HR office and found out in mid july that they havent got my Mat1 but only my MAT2.

So, I insisted that I passed everything, then they ask someone from my office to look from the files of the HR officer who resigned and they found my MAT1 there.

They tried to pass verything to SSS but at first the SSS won't accept it coz for them its too late coz I already gave birth and Mat1 should be a notification.

So I said to them na wala naman akong kasalanan dun. So they better find a way to give me my maternity benefit coz I badly need it.

Then they push through on passing my MAT1 to SSS and also a letter of explanation, then the SSS accept it.

By that time I'm so happy coz everything will be processed na. and the Main HR said that they will processed it na.

But now, after finding out na from dec2014 lang ang contributions ko, and ang tototong ibig sabihin pala ng sss na 3 monthly contribution ay 6 months before ako manganak. So wala po akong contributions nun. Pano naman po ako ngayon, na umasa at naniwala sa HR officer nila na qualified ako at nagpass ako ng requirements at ngayon ay hindi na daw po nila ako mabibigyan nun dahil hindi dw po ako qualified.

Siguro naman po ay hindi pwedeng ganun nalang yun, kasi sinabi po sakin ng HR na qualified ako. parang company na din po ang nagsabi sakin nun. tapos ngayon po ay sasabihin nila na wala silang magagawa dun. ano po bang pwede kong gawin? Kasi sobrang nag aksaya po ako ng panahon at umaasa po ako sa perang makukuha ko dahil nanay na po ako. Sana po ay matulungan ninyo ako.

Maraing salamat po.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SSS Maternity Claim 3 years 5 months ago #16773

• Atty. Libayan
  • Administrator
  • Please contact us for all your legal needs.
  • Thank you received: 354
Kung di ka naman talaga qualified, you cannot insist. It is unjust enrichment naman on your part kung bibigyan ka at hindi ka naman deserving.
"Excellence is our Standard..."
Please note that answering your queries in the free legal advice forum does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.
Seek services of an independent counsel when dealing with legal issues. Legal issues need scrutiny and attention.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds