Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unfair Labor Practice During Right-Sizing

Unfair Labor Practice During Right-Sizing 3 years 2 months ago #17017

• Donna
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi. I would like to know if there's something that can be done with what happened to me. The organization that I am currently employed in is undergoing right-sizing. My post got dissolved because it got merged with another person's post. Based on the rules of the right-sizing that was communicated to us, since our posts got directly affected with the creation of the new post, we would be the qualified/priority persons to apply for the new post. After applying, the HR sent me an email that I will be assuming the new role. I replied to them that since there is no job offer/agreement on the compensation, I won't be assuming the role til they provide me with an offer. A few days later, the Director talked to me and asked me to decide immediately. I felt offended by his manner of talking to me so I declined verbally. Then after reflection, I decided to talk to him again and inform him that I had changed my mind. He responded that technically the position is still mine since I haven't sent any written communication about it. Then, after a week the HR, manager and director called me and informed me that the manager changed her mind about hiring me for the post. Her decision was based on two things: 1. commitment, because they aren't sure if I will stay for good given that I initially declined; 2. salary, the manager said that they aren't sure how they are going to keep me in the long run if I already hit the max for the salary grade. During the entire conversation I felt cornered and it was so unfair for them to change their minds based on those two things. I want to know if there's anything that can be done to correct their practice. I am not after getting the post now because I am pretty sure that they will be making things difficult for me. This organization has been doing labor malpractices and not everybody tries to speak up. I am hoping that you can help me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds