Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Legal/Illegal Employment Termination

Legal/Illegal Employment Termination 2 years 3 months ago #17397

• Jay
  • Fresh Boarder
Good day to all! Need help po re employment that was terminated.

Currently I am on Floating Status for more than a month now (since first week of Feb). Our company (BPO) needed to cut down hundreds of people 'allegedly' due to low volume of calls.

Without my knowledge, pinagrereport pala ako ng company on or before March 7th...para mare-Profile daw...

It was last March 9th, I received a notification card sa mail box indicating that I need to pick up a registered mail sent by our company from the local post office...and since its almost 5PM, I have no choice but to pick it up the next day March 10th.

Company sent me a letter (Return To Work Order) asking me to report at the office for 're-profiling' on or before March 7th...and letter shows, failure to show up on or before March 7th will be tagged as Job Abandonement, and company will be forced to terminate my employment.

Wala pong ibang notice asking me that I needed to show up on or before March 7th like Email or Text/SMS...may isang missed call sa celfone ko coming from a landline which I failed to answer, and I am not sure if that was a call from our company.

Question po...since they wanted me to show up on or before March 7th otherwise my employment will be terminated, but I got the letter only last March 9th...may laban po ba ako dito sa situation na to? Isn't this considered illegal?

I picked up the letter po the next day (March 10th, Friday)...and went straight to our office. I went sa HR office without informing about the letter that I got. Sabi ko lang, I just want to check kung may availability na...and I was informed na complete na yung batch for training...and need na lang nila ng buffer. So I agreed and I updated my profile, then got interviewed and passed yung written exam...parang new applicant. Then scheduled daw ako ng final interview on Monday.

Marami na pong cases wherein walang coordination ang mga iba't-ibang departments sa aming company. So I am thinking baka lang di pa na-cascade ng boss nila sa mga tao nya na nagpadala ang office nila ng notice sa akin...or baka di updated sa system, or what. Ang clear lang po, yung sabi sa letter, if I fail to show up on or before March 7th, they will be forced to terminate my employment.

Do I need to inform those people sa "baba" na their office sent me a notice? Feeling ko po possible na next week pagbalik ko sa office eh sabihan nila ako na Termed na ko and that I dont need to proceed with the final interview. And their only excuse most likely will be, "di pa po agad na-update sa system yung status ninyo".

BTW...yung sabi sa letter na they sent me a letter last Feb 20 ay di po ako aware...and also sabi rin, di daw raw ako nagreport or nagpakita sa office "from February 8 to present" ay hindi po totoo...I was there last Feb 27 and I have witnesses...di lang po naka-log sa guard kasi di naman kami new applicants, in fact employee pa rin kami so they would just allow us to enter without signing sa log book ng guard...and the person that I spoke with that day ay kakilala ako and she even checked if updated ang contact info ko.

Now, kung sabihin nilang okay pa status ko and just disregard the letter, well and good. But if sabihin nilang Terminated na ang employment, do I have some legal basis para po lumaban?

I picked up the letter po the next day (March 10th, Friday)...and went straight to our office. I went sa HR office without informing about the letter that I got. Sabi ko lang, I just want to check kung may availability na...and I was informed na complete na yung batch for training...and need na lang nila ng buffer. So I agreed and I updated my profile, then got interviewed and passed yung written exam...parang new applicant. Then scheduled daw ako ng final interview on Monday.

Marami na pong cases wherein walang coordination ang mga iba't-ibang departments sa aming company. So I am thinking baka lang di pa na-cascade ng boss nila sa mga tao nya na nagpadala sila ng notice sa akin...or baka di updated sa system, or what. Ang clear lang po, yung sabi sa letter, if I fail to show up on or before March 7th, they will be forced to terminate my employment.

Do I need to inform those people sa "baba" na their office sent me a notice? Feeling ko po possible na next week pagbalik ko sa office eh sabihan nila ako na Termed na ko and that I dont need to proceed with the final interview. And their only excuse most likely will be, "di pa po agad na-update sa system yung status ninyo".

BTW...yung sabi sa letter na they sent me a letter last Feb 20 ay di po ako aware...and also sabi rin, di daw raw ako nagreport or nagpakita sa office "from February 8 to present" ay hindi po totoo...I was there last Feb 27 and I have witnesses...di lang po naka-log sa guard kasi di naman kami new applicants, in fact employee pa rin kami so they would just allow us to enter without signing sa log book ng guard...and the person that I spoke with that day ay kakilala ako and she even checked if updated ang contact info ko.

Kung sabihin nilang okay pa status ko and just disregard the letter, well and good. But if sabihin nilang Terminated na ang employment, do I have some legal basis para po lumaban?

Please help po...many thanks sa advise!

I attached a copy of the letter/notice that was sent to me...

notice.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds