Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: charged with AWOL

charged with AWOL 6 years 6 months ago #3862

My husband works as a salesman. Recently, his new boss issued a memo EXCLUSIVELY for him ordering him to punch in the bundy clock daily except on the days where he is working outbase. This is the first time in his 15 yrs in this company that such directive is applied. What is trivial, however is that the rest of the entire salesforce are not mandated to do so. Recently, too he was charged AWOL. He actually filed a leave of absence without pay 6 days before his leave commences. The leave of absence falls on the cut off days, however. Too sad because his boss replied a day before his leave begins which left us no more time to make necessary adjustments in the hotel booking, etc. Had the boss replied immediately, we could have decided not to pursue the leave and still save the monetary value of which. Despite the 3 day absence though, my husband hit 103% sales, way above the target. The boss was quiet upon his return from leave up until the meeting held the whole day just this Tuesday. An hour after they all separated from the meeting, his boss texted him that my husband needs to report to the head office the following day at 10 am. When asked what is it all about, his boss replied " may admin hearing ka." When asked again what was his violation, his boss went quiet. Would you consider all this as forms of harassment in the workplace p0? This is causing us so much stress and anxiety na. What cand we do po? Please enlighten us. Thank you so much and God bless.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AWOL 6 years 6 months ago #3863

Good morning po. Our kids surprised us with a 3 day-trip. The travel schedule, however fell on my husband's cut-off date (he's a salesman). Our attempts to have it rebooked to another date nor the option to just have our kids travel on our behalf, failed due to technicalities. And so, my husband sent via email a leave of absence without pay (feb 19-21) to his boss cc their HR six days before the travel (feb 13 @ 11 am, to be exact). Just a matter of hours, my husband again sent another email of his ER(Expense Report).the 2nd email got a reply from his boss 3 days after while his email re leave got a response a day before the travel thus, it left us not much time to have at least the hotel reservation postponed to a later date (since the hotel allows cancellation a week before the real time occupancy). The email from his boss says "if you dont mind, may i ask the reason for your leave. These dates fall on our cut off days thus i have the prerogative to disapprove your leave." To cut the story short, my husband is asked to explain in 48 hours the reason for his AWOL. My husband rarely absent from work. The memo, btw was issued last feb 27. (I don't know if the delayed response from his boss is material). How do we go about this po? And btw, my husband hit 103% despite his absence. Does this AWOL constitute termination po? Thank you in anticipation for your response. God bless

charged with AWOL 6 years 6 months ago #3877

• Atty. Libayan
  • Administrator
  • Please contact us for all your legal needs.
  • Thank you received: 354
I suggest find out first what is the end of all of these. As far as i can see, all the boss did were management prerogatives.
"Excellence is our Standard..."
Please note that answering your queries in the free legal advice forum does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.
Seek services of an independent counsel when dealing with legal issues. Legal issues need scrutiny and attention.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds