Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Complicated situation

Complicated situation 2 years 6 months ago #17373

  • Iria
  • Iria's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
I really need legal advice and hope you can help me. I am married with a Japanese national but the relationship get's sour since 2015 up to now. We still live together but not as a couple but just 2 person living under the same roof. I have a new boyfriend now and got pregnant by him and ask my husband to have a divorce here in Japan this coming march. He doesn't know about the affair and the child and I'm planning to give birth in the Philippines.
My question is even if I got divorced in Japan, and apply for recognition of foreign divorce decree in the Philippines, will the child be named after my husband? I know the process of recognition of foreign divorce decree will be a long one but I want the child's surname to be in my maiden name coz at the time of the birth my husband will have nothing to do with me anymore and the child is not his anyway. What can I do to make it under my maiden name? What is the best option I have for the baby to not have the surname of my husband? Please help me I need to have some information before I made another mistake. Thank you very much...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum ::


Philippine Lawyers

We go live to answer all your questions

Free Legal Advice Every Wednesdays and Fridays
at 6:00 pm

Facebook Event | YouTube Channel

Season One

Episode 1:  August 31, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 2:  September 7, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 3:  September 13, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 4:  September 21, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Live

Episode 5:  September 28, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 6:  October 5, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Free Legal Advice


If your predicament is urgent; or, when your case is already pending in court; please do not opt for the free legal advice. It is best to get in touch with a lawyer the soonest possible time. I answer all queries here personally but sometimes it may take time because of my busy schedule. Rest assured all will be answered but the time is indefinite. Thank you for understanding.

Ranny Randolf B. Libayan


9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM Monday to Friday

We are also open for appointments on weekends

It is best to contact us for an appointment if you decide to visit us so you will be given priority


Philippine Law Firm


We will represent you in court, administrative, and other tribunal hearings.

Law Firm in Taguig


We provide notarization and drafting of all kinds of legal documents.

Notary Public

Legal Consultation/ Retainer

We provide the best legal advice about anything legal whether it be via retainer or just one time.

Philippines Free Legal Advice

Free Legal Advice Online

We provide free online legal advice just proceed to the forums.