Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: change all the wrong entries in birth certificate

change all the wrong entries in birth certificate 6 years 3 months ago #6232

  • rara
  • rara's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
Hi, po Attorney... this is very complicated, here is the situation of my friend,

On November 1, 1990 Lilibeth Ang Bautista gave birth to a baby girl named Immanuel Joyce .Because the biological father (Benhur javier Mendoza) of the baby girl was legally married to another woman when she was born . Lilibeth's mother , now deceased decided to fill up the baby girl's certificate of live birth in this manner.

Name of Mother: Lilibeth Ang
Name of Father: Peter Bautista

Date of marriage: April 1 1988

Peter Bautista is Lilibeth's biological BROTHER and April 1 ,1988 was the day Lilibeth and Benhur became sweethearts . On 2007, Benhur's legal wife died and on 2009, Benhur MARRIED Lilibeth.

Now, Immanuel Joyce who is already of majority age , comes to me to ask if she could change all the wrong entries in her birth certificate including her last name .

What will be your legal advice attorney? and WHY? Thanks po!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

change all the wrong entries in birth certificate 6 years 3 months ago #6305

  • Atty. Libayan
  • Atty. Libayan's Avatar
  • Administrator
  • Please contact us for all your legal needs.
  • Posts: 3361
  • Thank you received: 354
  • Karma: 49
She can. However, her mother can face charges for simulation of births if they filed a petition for the change of last name with those facts. And if the child plans to change her name through a petition, the right last name would be Ang and not that of her father.

I still suggest however that the child pursue the change of her name.

I suggest that the child's biological father pursue adoption- this will cure all the defects including the hereditary rights.
"Excellence is our Standard..."
Please note that answering your queries in the free legal advice forum does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.
Seek services of an independent counsel when dealing with legal issues. Legal issues need scrutiny and attention.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum ::


Philippine Lawyers

We go live to answer all your questions

Free Legal Advice Every Wednesdays and Fridays
at 6:00 pm

Facebook Event | YouTube Channel

Season One

Episode 1:  August 31, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 2:  September 7, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 3:  September 13, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 4:  September 21, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Live

Episode 5:  September 28, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 6:  October 5, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Free Legal Advice


If your predicament is urgent; or, when your case is already pending in court; please do not opt for the free legal advice. It is best to get in touch with a lawyer the soonest possible time. I answer all queries here personally but sometimes it may take time because of my busy schedule. Rest assured all will be answered but the time is indefinite. Thank you for understanding.

Ranny Randolf B. Libayan


9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM Monday to Friday

We are also open for appointments on weekends

It is best to contact us for an appointment if you decide to visit us so you will be given priority


Philippine Law Firm


We will represent you in court, administrative, and other tribunal hearings.

Law Firm in Taguig


We provide notarization and drafting of all kinds of legal documents.

Notary Public

Legal Consultation/ Retainer

We provide the best legal advice about anything legal whether it be via retainer or just one time.

Philippines Free Legal Advice

Free Legal Advice Online

We provide free online legal advice just proceed to the forums.