Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RENTING APT. CONTRACT TERM OF LEASE

RENTING APT. CONTRACT TERM OF LEASE 3 years 4 months ago #16910

• Carl
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I really need your advice.
I used to rent an apartelle & comes along with it is a 1yr contract + which requires me to a 2 months deposit in advance (40k). I am no longer renting the said unit as I already bought a condo.
In the contract's Term of Lease it says
"The term of this lease will be for a period of 1 YR, commencing on Dec. 13 2014 and expiring on December 12, 2015. Renewal of this lease contract will be subject to the agreement of both parties".
Now, I moved out from the unit just last March 2016, we didn't signed any new contract way back Dec 2015.
1st Question, is the contract still in effect & in full force even till the time I move out?
What upset me is they took 3/4 of the deposit and claimed that it's for the maintenance as stipulated in the contract.
Now "section 1.11 Repairs - all the ordinary repairs within the leased premises arising out of the daily use of the leased premises shall be for the sole account & expense of the LESSEE, without the right to reimburse from the lessor."
Furthermore," section 1.14 Condition of PREMISES - The lessee hereby acknowledge that the leased premises is in good condition and tenantable condition & shall keep it in such condition until the expiration of the term of this lease. The LESSEE will be charged for the repaint of the whole unit & repair of such damages."
The owner said they repainted the unit as well to my deposit's expense. However when I left the unit there was no damage at all, no need to repaint as well as all are intact & no visible damage, I even took picture of the unit before I left, I seldom stay in that apartment because of the nature of my work which requires me to travel often.
I just feel that this is unfair, unjust & capitalism taking advantage at it's highest form of trickery.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds