Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Mother of Illegitimate Child Demand for Financia

A Mother of Illegitimate Child Demand for Financia 3 years 6 months ago #17011

  • Victoria
  • Victoria's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
Dear Atty,

Hope my email finds you well.

I just want to ask help for my child's case. I am from Cebu, I met her father in my place February 2011. We were together for almost 2years. I knew he was married and has 2 children in Manila when we were in a relationship, he said they were separated since his wife has third party issue. A year after our relationship I got pregnant. That time when I gave birth October 24, 2012, he wanted me to bring our daughter's last name with his surname, but my parents won't allow because his married and they afraid his wife might know about our child and sue me. So I decided to follow my parents will. My daughter bringing my surname now, so basically she's illegitimate in her birth certificate. That time every month he was supporting our child financially by sending through my daughter's bank account every 15th and 30th of the month, also buying things for my child and visiting at the house every payday. During the first year of our baby it was continuously support every payday. A week before my child's 1st birthday I found out he had other mistress, I really caught him in his place when I visited. That time, I stopped everything between us and I just asked support for our child. He said that time "Don't worry, I will never forget my obligation to my child". It's been 2 years that I received every 15th and 30th of the month, he has financial support eventhough were no longer together. The last money that was transferred in my baby's account, a month after her 2nd birthday, November 2014. I found out he went back to Manila and his back again with his wife and kids. Last September 2015, it was the last transaction I had with my baby's savings and just left 67pesos and was hoping his father might send money on her account.

Now I am in UAE working, to support my child's needs. I was supposed to send money but unfortunately I cannot send money since the bank closed the account. It has been inactive for 7 months and didn't meet their minimum monthly ADB requirement which is 500, if it is below their required balance they will close the account. My child is now 2 years old, she started to go to school this June as nursery.

How can I ask again financial support to my child? I tried to message him but I didn't receive reply. I want it to be legal this time to secure my child's future.
How can I file a case?
Can I file a case even though I'm here in Dubai?
Can I file a case even if he was not in the birth certificate of our child? We never had again relationship for almost 3 years.
Is it possible that his wife can file a case against me as well for concubinage?
I have his pictures during the Christening and the bank account of my child can I use it as evidence that he really recognized my child?
Can I ask to the bank a Statement of account even if the account was already closed?

Please enlighten me and tell me what's the best thing to do, I want to fight for my daughter's right for her future.

Best regards,
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum ::


Philippine Lawyers

We go live to answer all your questions

Free Legal Advice Every Wednesdays and Fridays
at 6:00 pm

Facebook Event | YouTube Channel

Season One

Episode 1:  August 31, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 2:  September 7, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 3:  September 13, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 4:  September 21, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Live

Episode 5:  September 28, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Episode 6:  October 5, 2018

Facebook Video | YouTube Video

Free Legal Advice


If your predicament is urgent; or, when your case is already pending in court; please do not opt for the free legal advice. It is best to get in touch with a lawyer the soonest possible time. I answer all queries here personally but sometimes it may take time because of my busy schedule. Rest assured all will be answered but the time is indefinite. Thank you for understanding.

Ranny Randolf B. Libayan


9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM Monday to Friday

We are also open for appointments on weekends

It is best to contact us for an appointment if you decide to visit us so you will be given priority


Philippine Law Firm


We will represent you in court, administrative, and other tribunal hearings.

Law Firm in Taguig


We provide notarization and drafting of all kinds of legal documents.

Notary Public

Legal Consultation/ Retainer

We provide the best legal advice about anything legal whether it be via retainer or just one time.

Philippines Free Legal Advice

Free Legal Advice Online

We provide free online legal advice just proceed to the forums.