Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Libel and Child Abuse under RA# 10175

Libel and Child Abuse under RA# 10175 3 years 4 months ago #16816

• TagaSugbo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi! I would like to get your advice on my the rights of my sister and her children under Republic Act. No. 10175 otherwise knows as the "Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012" of the Philippines.

My sister is 33 years old, unemployed, drug-dependent with 3 kids. All of 3 children are living with our parents and myself for their welfare. My sister lives away from home. We do not know her current whereabouts.

Today, I saw a Facebook post with her pictures on it. The Facebook owner and author of the post claimed that my sister is a swindler, who rips-off people by trying to sell them silver accessories. It said that after the potential buyer pays for the items (in advance without receiving the purchased items), my sister will cease all contact and communication.

It also states a different scenario wherein the author of the posts claims that my sister would also pretend to be a sales agent of a telecommunications company offering telephone and internet services. It goes on saying that like the scenario stated above, my sister will "run-away" with the "customer's" money.

The author of the post also communicated with my sister's 14 year old daughter via Facebook chat. The messages are intimidating to my niece since it said that the author will go to my niece's school and speak to her principal about her estranged mother.

Unfortunately I cannot totally discredit these claims as I have personally experienced theft by my sister. However my greater concern is for my family's welfare.

I am afraid about the implications this may cause my niece and her siblings as well as to my elderly and sickly parents. If the author continues to publish her posts on Facebook and even asking people to share her post on their timeline, I fear that this may cause, emotional and psychological trauma to my family as well as the potential violence against us as there are people who take extreme measures against alleged criminals.

I also fear that due to prosecution by association, that these posts that are made available to the public would also affect my social integrity and professional career.

I hope that you can enlighten me on this matter. Your assistance is indeed greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds