Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Parked Car Hit by a Taxi

Parked Car Hit by a Taxi 1 year 4 months ago #17731

On December 7, 2017 my car was rammed by a taxi while parked to which it sustained substantial damage to the rear though it can still run. I already have a police report and an estimation of repairs by Chevrolet which amounts 292,000php. The taxi company refuses to have my repairs done at Chevrolet or any other repair shop for the matter EXCEPT their own repair shop which (by reputation) cannot be trusted. This company is infamous in Davao for their bad attitudes and for fixing cars badly. Regarding matters of insurance, i fully paid for my car on November 4th and through another bout of bad luck, they did not automatically renew my insurance and i am unable to do anything within my power to make a claim. I was advised to make a complaint to the LTFRB which i promptly followed through with but we ended up not agreeing on anything since the only option the taxi company offered me is that they want my car to be fixed in their own shop (their way or the high way). I don't know if the atty. of LTFRB gave me the right advice or information because she seemd to be very passive and not really able to make a strong statement to the taxi company for them to be cooperative and find compromise solutions like any independent shops that we both agree on. It's like they are just pushing me to file a case which they know will take years. The atty. of the LTFRB just told me since there are no persons injured or dead that they cannot make demand or suspend their franchise the only thing they can do is to fine them an amount of 5000php which is cometely unsubstantial considering this is THE BIGGEST taxi company in the entire Davao.

So Sir, my quesion is what would be the best thing for me to do? File a case? Go to the regional or national LTFRB hoping for a different result? mayors office? go back to Police where did i got my police report or traffic police (MMDA)? Or just simply agree to thier option in their (chop) shop?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Parked Car Hit by a Taxi 1 year 4 months ago #17744

• Atty. Libayan
  • Administrator
  • Please contact us for all your legal needs.
  • Thank you received: 354
You are talking to a lawyer so most definitely, file a case. It may take long, but your money will earn interest and you can ask for damages. You can also ask for attorney's fees and cost of suit.
"Excellence is our Standard..."
Please note that answering your queries in the free legal advice forum does not create an Attorney-Client relationship.
Seek services of an independent counsel when dealing with legal issues. Legal issues need scrutiny and attention.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds